Education & Background
Kojo Oppong Nkrumah was born on April 5, 1982, at Koforidua in the Eastern Region of Ghana.
He started his education at Pentecost School in Koforidua, continued at St Bernadette School in Accra and completed his SHS at Pope John Senior High School in Koforidua. Kojo proceeded to the University of Cape Coast and graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting.
Kojo Oppong Nkrumah also possesses an Executive MBA in Marketing from the University of Ghana Business School and a Bachelor of Laws Degree from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) Faculty of Law.
In 2016, Oppong Nkrumah became a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Ghana after obtaining a Qualifying Certificate in Law from the Ghana School of Law.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, he had completed a Fellowship of the African Leadership Initiative.
Employment and Private Business History
In 2006, he started out as a Treasury Analyst at British American Tobacco.
Later on, he joined the Multimedia Group as a Senior Broadcast Journalist with Joy FM in Accra.
Upon leaving Joy FM, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah established a private equity firm, Brownstone Capital and co-founded the Development Research and Advocacy organization; Centre for Development in Freedom (CDIF).
He worked as a Lawyer at Kulendi, Attafuah & Amponsah before pursuing politics.
He is currently the New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament for the Ofoase-Ayirebi constituency of the Eastern Region.
His Political work focuses on the following:
• Law and Governance
• Youth, Education and Skills Development.
In Parliament, he is a member of the following committees;
• Constitutional and Legal
Executive arm of government, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah served as the deputy information minister but was elevated to substantive minister in November 2018.
• His first major public speaking engagement was in 2008 as a guest speaker at the University of Missouri Centenary Celebration in Washington DC, USA. He spoke on the theme, “Building a Community through New Media Communications”
• In February 2012, he addressed Ghana’s annual national youth motivational roadshow; Springboard, on the theme ‘Going Global’. His charge was directed at encouraging Ghanaian youth and entrepreneurs to aspire to reach global markets with their products and brands.
• In April 2014, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah spoke on the platform of TEDx Ghana, calling for renewed Hope for Africa.
• In 2014, he spoke at the European Young Entrepreneurs Summit in Athens, Greece. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah used the occasion to call for “A New Entrepreneurial Partnership between Europe and Africa”.
• In June 2015, he was the Keynote Speaker at the Brownstone Business Leadership Summit, charging participants to achieve higher value in their careers via the address –Taking Responsibility.
• In September 2015, KON, as he is affectionately called, delivered the maiden University of Cape Coast Advancement Lecture, calling for “New Ways to Fight Corruption in Ghana”
His first publication was titled “A Study of Corporate Communications in Banks in Ghana”. It was a dissertation for the award of an Executive Masters Degree in Marketing in 2011.
Subsequently, He has also contributed to the following publications of CDIF;
(1) Exploring the Budget Deficit – Economic Growth Nexus: New Evidence From Ghana.
(2) Effective Budget Implementation in Ghana. The Case of the 2017 Budget.
(3) Improving Debt Sustainability in Ghana.
Family, Religion & Sports
He loves football; Kumasi Asante Kotoko, Ghana’s Black Stars and Manchester United are his favorite football clubs.
Kojo Oppong Nkrumah is a Christian and worships at the ICGC Evangel Temple in New Dawhenya.
He is married to Akua Oppong – Nkrumah and blessed with Kwaku and Afua Oppong-Nkrumah.